Agility Launches Next-Generation Side-Mount CNG System for Class 7 and 8 Trucks
Santa Ana, CA, March 27, 2014 — Agility Fuel Systems, the leading designer and producer of on-board natural gas fuel storage and delivery systems for heavy duty trucks and buses, announced the release of its next-generation side-mount Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) fuel system at the Mid-America Truck Show in Louisville, Kentucky. This system incorporates the latest technology and is the result of direct feedback from fleets and truck manufacturers to make it ideally suited to the needs of class 7 and 8 trucks.
This highly engineered CNG system has been tailored to the industry’s requirements for longer range in trucking and quick, easy installation on the production line. Available in capacities ranging from 30 to 60-Diesel Gallon Equivalents (DGE) the system offers exceptional driving range, while providing reduced fill-time, and enhanced safety.
This new system incorporates the following key features:
• Improved Filling Capability – The new fuel management module was re-engineered to streamline gas flow dynamics for faster fill times and better fill quality.
• Recessed Fuel Management Module – Offers added safety as fueling receptacles are securely tucked inside the envelope of the system. This feature also provides great ergonomics as receptacles are clear of the steps used to access the cab.
• Ignition Disconnect Fuel Caps – If the cap is not correctly replaced after fueling, the vehicle will not start, ensuring a safe fill and preventing a situation where the driver may attempt to drive away prior to completing the fueling process.
• Simplified Cover and Frame Assembly – Easy access to internal components for quicker inspections and reduced maintenance times.
• “Drop and go” bracket – Enables quick and easy installation on OEM assembly lines.
• Type 4 Cylinders – Plastic lined and reinforced with carbon fiber, up to 70% lighter than steel tanks, and resistant to corrosion. Neck and strap-mount options available.
• Improved Side Impact Protection Bar – Provides additional protection in the event of a side-impact.
• Reduced Weight – Advanced composite materials used to lower weight and increase strength.
Barry Engle, Agility’s CEO, stated: “We are excited to introduce our next-generation side-mount fuel system. It enables fleets to reduce fuel costs, their single largest operating expense, by as much as 50%. Our new CNG system utilizes the latest technology and system design to provide the long range, fast fill times and highest safety standards demanded by over-the-road truck customers.”
To see more of our latest product innovations please visit the Agility booth # 34912 at the Mid America Truck Show in Louisville, Kentucky on March 27, 2014.
# # #
Agility Fuel Systems is headquartered in Santa Ana, CA, and is the leader in the development of safe, reliable and cost effective natural gas systems for heavy trucks and buses. Agility provides OEM and fleet customers with turnkey natural gas fuel system solutions, from concept to installation and aftermarket support.