Agility Fuel Systems Announces Lighter, Higher-Capacity, 160 DGE Behind-theCab CNG Fuel System
Santa Ana, CA, November 12, 2014 — Agility Fuel Systems, the leading designer and producer of natural gas fuel storage and delivery systems for heavy duty trucks and buses announced today at the 2014 Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) Conference and Expo the launch of a new, improved high capacity Behind-the-Cab compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system. The updated system now holds 160 DGE (up from 155 DGE) and weighs 500 lbs. less than the previous model. The improvements to the system come from the Agility Hexagon joint venture’s first new product: a new higher capacity and lighter cylinder design. The latest system continues to deliver the most efficient package of any CNG system in the industry and utilizes four of the newly designed cylinders, for a total weight of only 2050 pounds, and requiring only 31 1/4” of valuable frame rail space. Depending on the application, the system can deliver a driving range of 600+ miles before refueling. In addition to its already outstanding capacity as a stand-alone system, it can also be packaged with up to 126 DGE side-mounted systems for a total of 286 DGE and an unprecedented range well in excess of 1,100 miles.
The updated CNG system incorporates these key features:
• Next Generation Type 4 Cylinders – plastic lined and externally constructed exclusively with carbon fiber, the new cylinders are more than 70% lighter than steel tanks, are not subject to corrosion, and are the most durable Type 4 pressure vessels in the industry.
• Integrated Fuel Management Module – both “fast” and “time” fill receptacles are easily accessible and come complete with an easy to read high-pressure gauge for accurate filling.
• Area Pressure Relief Devices (PRD) – excellent safety and improved package. This technology monitors a much larger area than older-style “point” pressure relief devices.
• Compact Package – installed directly behind the cabin, requires only 31 1/4” of rail space, and is mounted entirely above the frame rail, thus allowing for additional side-mounted tanks for a total onboard fuel capacity of up to 286 DGE.
• Wedge Profile – system fits within the already existing fairings to maintain the truck’s aerodynamics and delivers peak fuel efficiency.
• Ignition Disconnect Fuel Caps – designed for safety above all else. If the fuel cap is not properly replaced after fueling, the vehicle will not start and therefore ensures the safest fill possible.
Barry Engle, Agility’s CEO stated, “We maintain our industry leadership by continually improving our products with new technology and innovation. Our new 160 DGE BTC is the lightest in the market per DGE, and one of the highest-capacity stand-alone systems available to enable a broad range of over-the-road trucking applications.”
# # #
Agility Fuel Systems is headquartered in Santa Ana, CA, and is the leader in the development of safe, reliable and cost effective natural gas systems for heavy trucks and buses. Agility’s unique advantage is turnkey natural gas fuel system solutions, from concept to installation.