Advanced Fuel Storage Cylinders
We make two types of TUFFSHELL® cylinders:
- Lightweight cylinder with lightweight carbon/glass fiber hybrid wrap
- Even lighter weight cylinder with all carbon fiber wrap
- High-strength, super-tough construction reduces impact damage and fatigue
- Dome protection against abrasions and scuffs
- Polymer liner is corrosion-free
- Precision-machined valve interface ensures leak-free operation
- Available in both strap mount and boss mount designs for maximum packaging efficiency
- Expansive list of standard sizes available for vehicles big and small
- Designed to be maintenance-free with reduced inspection costs
- Boss mount design isolates cylinders from torsional forces
TUFFSHELL® cylinders come equipped with state-of-the-art pressure relief devices. If the ambient temperature surrounding the cylinder reaches 230°F/110°C, the cylinder contents will be vented into the atmosphere. TUFFSHELL® cylinders have proved their durability when tested in the field by severe accidents.
Codes and Standards Compliance
- Agility’s cylinders are designed, manufactured, tested, and qualified according to the requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation (US DOT), National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 304, Compressed Natural Gas Fuel Container Integrity.
- They also meet the requirements of ANSI/NGV 2 (2007), Basic Requirements for Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) Fuel Containers.
- Our cylinders exported globally meet ISO 11439, ECE R110, ADR/TPED, Russian GOST, Korean KGSC, and many other national standards.